Things to Consider When Choosing the Ultimate Sydney Wedding Venue
Being Sydneysiders we are spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing the ultimate wedding venue; beachside, harbour side, rural styles or wineries, mountain views, industrial, modern, historic – you name it.
I’ve decided to write a blog about this because service at venues are the #1 gripe from my couples after their wedding day. There are lots of should’a, could’a, would’as that really could’a been prevented.
So based on my observations and feedback from my couples I have compiled some bullet points to consider:
- What’s the venue’s service really like and what experience do they have serving large groups of people simultaneously? Are they set up to deliver 150 steaks within a ten minute window, all hot, tasty and served without attitude? Ask around for feedback, spy on Facebook and search blogs. Not all venues specialise in weddings and don’t always know instinctively what to do and when.
- Look for staff with a high Care Factor who go out of their way to sort things out so you won’t have to. If they’re lukewarm before you book, they may turn colder when under pressure.
- Do you need special permission or insurance to use smoke machines, fireworks, candles? I’ve seen a bride cry on her wedding day over this one!
- Will you have enough bump in / bump out time to decorate and ‘break down’ the room? If it’s a lunchtime wedding, have they scheduled another wedding straight after you?
- Is there space for your super amazing bonkers photo booth?
- Who will be on hand to help with logistics like moving the cake into position, bringing the champagne and flutes without being asked three times? I’m willing to personally do it again but can you help me move the table?
- Is there mood lighting available for your bridal dance or will you be romantically swaying to your favourite song under glaring factory lights or while holding a candle?
- Are they accommodating to the needs of other key suppliers like…well, me, videographers, florists, drivers, DJs, cake maker, your decorating team. We all need time to set up so the day runs smoothly.
Speaking of should’as, I probably should’a kept this blog shorter but I feel quite strongly about good service. I hope this advice was helpful and good luck with your search!